Bold Turquoise

Dec 30 2011

It’s Finally Here- the 2012 Meal Planner!!

**UPDATE!!!  The 2014 Version of The Bold Meal Planner has been released to subscribers AND the much requested Bold Meal Planning Deluxe Kit with ebook is up for sale!!  Check them out and Enjoy!**

The Bold Meal Planning Method Deluxe Kit

I finally did it! I got the 2012 year-long menu planner revised and uploaded to a more friendly platform (aka- it’s NOT going to ask you to pay!!). I know many of you have been very patiently waiting and I am glad I could bring it to you at last!
It is pretty much the same as the original, only updated to only be for 2012 (January- December) and, of course, I had to jazz it up a bit with the new color of the year (tangerine tango)! Want a little peek?

Oh, ok!

Plus I have six more fun and useful pages just waiting for you to snag them (for free!)! You can access this PDF right HERE via Google Docs or you can simply click on either of the pics above!

You can still access all the directions for putting together your meal planning binder on this post

And detailed directions for how to actually accomplish all that planning here on this post.

The only thing I ask, if you choose to download my planner, is that you leave a comment to let me know what you think! I just love to hear from you guys! Oh, and if you wanted to subscribe to my blog too, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings. ;-)

Happy New Year Meal Planning!

111 thoughts on “It’s Finally Here- the 2012 Meal Planner!!

1. Pingback: Putting together your Meal Plan Binder for the year | boldturquoise

2. Pingback: Meal Planning a Year at a Time- Yes it can be done! | boldturquoise

3. gfmom3

I was so happy to see this post when I logged on to my computer today. Perfect timing to start the new year right, as it is my goal to monthly menu plan this year. Thank you very much for the lovely printables.

4. Lanna

Do you only plan out dinners? I have to plan out breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack so we at least have everything on hand food-wise and have a decent rotation rather than PBJ 6 days in a row. (and I’ll add that my BusyBodyBook kinda rocks for this, even if I’d want to majorly tweak it to add certain things) :)

1. boldturquoise Post author

I try to plan out everything, but don’t usually do it all a year in advance. I really like to do freezer breakfasts for about 6 weeks at a time- super helpful!

5. Marne

thank you! I am excited to try this for the new year. I do love planning, although its a pain to do I am always thankful in the end. About your new color scheme…when I printed the 2012 sheets, I can hardly read the tabs and spine that you made…the bright orange on grey is hard to read. Maybe if you did the background white like the cover page? It would be much easier to read. Thanks!

6. Carol

I just love this idea! I just downloaded everything and am going to put my binder together. It will be great to have all the recipes in one spot. Thanks!

7. Rebecca O'Kelley

I can’t get this to open….

Can you tell me what I should do….I just found this amazing idea on pinterest and now I want to know where to start

8. Ashley M

Printing it off now! Thank you for such a cute way to organize and plan menus!! Can’t wait to put it together and use it!!

9. LB

I found this through a “Pin” that my niece had on Pinterest. I have been a menu planner for years, and never once thought to put it all in a binder. (v-8 slap on the head). Thank you so much for the printables!

10. Chelsey

Thank-you so much!! Found via Pinterest and am putting my binder together right now!! Heres to a new year of being organized and “NO-CEREAL” suppers!!

11. Julie

This is great! Thank you! One little question though: on the monthly menu plan is manga spelled right? Just a little detail though. This is life changing: we’ve had fabulous dinners, on time, since I did the notebook!

1. jessi

what does manga mean on the monthly calendar printables? i looked it up and could only find that it stood for japanese comics. love this btw! thanks!

12. Sandy

I’ve always used a calendar for planning my meals, and I have a binder with many of my recipes in it. I often “lose” the recipes that are not from my binder because I forget which cookbook they’re in. I don’t know why I never thought to include the recipe with the calendar! I’ll be trying this right away. I like the cover too. Thank you.
    Sandy

13. Connie Lorraine

Hi there! When I came upon this site I knew the good Lord had blessed me! Thank you soooooo very much!! I am really excited to get started!! :)

14. Pingback: Making Life Easier, Part II « A Tale of Three Cities

15. Lori Petersen

So cute and practical. I love it. My only problem is the color. When I print it, the orange lettering is very dark and not readable on my monthly tabs. Is there any way to change that up? Other wise great :) Thanks for your hard work.

16. Holly

I am excited to give this a try…as I have made it my goal for 2012 to save money and make a home cooked meal every night! Thank you so much for the frame work to get this started! I am also planning on giving a few as christmas gifts this year by filling in the monthly calender with 2013 dates and making a personalized cover for the binder! Who wouldn’t want their own cookbook for a year!

17. Katrina

I’m coming to this a little late in the game (mine will start with May), but I just have to say thank you. I’m so grateful to you for posting this and then for people to have pinned it so that I could find it. With baby #2 on the way, I’ve been finding it difficult to get dinner on the table every night. At least with this, I have an action plan in place and can be better prepared so that we’ll hopefully quit hitting up the fast food joints so often. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

18. thelimegreenbrickroad

just ran across your blog, I love the idea of your meal planner! I have printed the pages and got my binder! I can’t wait to dive in, you have inspired me to plan ahead! Can wait to spend many more hours cuddling my kids with all the time I save!

19. Melissa

I love this idea. It’s seems a little daunting, but you make it sound pretty easy! Thank you for sharing! I found this on pinterest.

20. Pingback: Pin Cushion: Meal Planning | in the pinterest of time

21. Loran Mayes

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. Thank you for being willing to share this for free. You are blessing people!! I may not use the recipe cards because I have been ready to just make copies of all the recipes I use out of my cook books and pass them on (not our family books, though). This will help me to organize them. My son has a food allergy and all the already-planned meal things don’t work for me. Again, THANK YOU

22. Andrea

For some reason it will not allow me to download. I love these docs – is there another way to download?

1. boldturquoise Post author

Try it again- they should be free one google docs. I will be uploading the 2013 version soon and am working to make the download process more user friendly.

23. Alisa

Hi and thank you for all your hard work! I’m looking forward to printing these out and getting started. However, when I click on the links or pictures of the page, it just goes to Google Drive, with no mention or sight of your pages. What am I doing wrong? TIA

1. boldturquoise Post author

I am really not sure what the deal is but I will be checking it out (sorry it took a while- just had a baby!). I will also be uploading the 2013 printables soon!

24. michelle

This is super cute and a great idea! But I can’t seem to figue out where to print the updated pages that are more clear in black and white?

25. Jennifer

I am just now printing this out. I found you on Pinterest. I think this is a wonderful tool! I can’t wait to use it for the second half of the year.

26. Katt

I LOVE THIS!!! I have been looking for something to put on my binder. I have printed another 6week long plan ( you have it on your Pintrest page) THANK YOU FOR THIS!!!

27. Dawn

I was wanting to print out the printables, but when I follow the link it brings me to where it wants me to sign up. Do I need to do this to be able to get them?

28. Gina

Thanks for sharing! I found this on pinterest. My first thought was that it contained the menus too, but I see it’s just the printables for me to transfer my own recipes.

29. lea

This is perfect. Exactly what I need, but everytime I click on the picture or link it takes me to an ad for google drive. Please help.

1. boldturquoise Post author

Erg- so sorry! I just now am getting around to replying to comments because I had a baby just days before you commented. No one else seems to be having a problem but I will try to look into it. I will also be releasing the 2013 version soon!

30. Pingback: Menu Planner… « itallstartedwithchickens

31. NanaC

Thank you, Thank you!! Your so sweet for sharing all your hard work. I am loving all your info. Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks… well.. maybe not… but you sure can break him for his old ones!!

32. Math Coach Julie

Clearly a bit late in 2012 to get started, but I guess better now than never! I’ve gotten my binder and my clear protector sheets and I’m ready to go! I’ve pinned so many recipes on Pinterest, but it is so hard to use them if I don’t have them printed out. So, ready, set, here I go!!

33. Lora M

I found this post through pinterest months ago and never printed anything out. Found it again today and even though its September I am getting back on track and making the binder and meal plans! Thank you for this great planning tool!

34. Ashley

Now that it is almost 2013 can you upload on for that year. I have been working all day on trying to find something similar to your printable and nothing looks as good. Thank you in advance :)

35. Jody

This is awesome! Thanks so much, I found on Pinterest. It’s on my 2013 New Year’s Resolutions so I’m getting mentally prepared now.

36. rebekahscorner

oh thank you you are a life saver — I am “new” to meal planning, got let go from my job a couple of months ago and my husband (who did all the cooking) went back to school so now this is all on me and I’ve never done it before lol – I”m just doing a week at a time but hoping to work up to a month soon and then yearly like you do – Love your ideas

37. marion

found you on pinterest and this is exactly what I’ve been needing to do! Thanks for the great idea and printables! Now to actually do the work of finding recipes….:)

1. boldturquoise Post author

I’m glad you are finding it helpful! Be on the look out in a few weeks for my 2013 printables and my ebook all about my meal system that takes you through the step by step process to make it more manageable.

38. Ashley

I haven’t printed all this out yet but I definitely want to start meal planning to save some money and time. Thanks for the awesome planning tips!

39. Ashley

Can’t wait for the 2013 planning guide to get here! I just decided to start doing this so it will be exciting to see it and download it!

40. outofsouthafrica

I used your planner last year from August to August and have just now run out of printables. I love this! I have been planning weekly meals (usually all three every day) for a few years now and I loved the simple organization of your planner and that it would allow me to save the menus from the entire year! I have found that pre-planning our meals saves me a lot of time and money at the grocery store as I dont end up buying 15 different things for breakfast or over buying dinner and lunch items. Thanks!

41. Katie Estelle

I just downloaded your 2012 and 2013 templates. I like the grocery lists from 2012, so I’m using those in conjunction with 2013′s calendars. I also downloaded weekly meal planners from another blog. Together, this makes the perfect binder for my family! No more coming home to no dinner because the hubby couldn’t think of anything!

Thanks for sharing this with the wives of the world. We appreciate it :)

42. Nicki

Well, I did this last year (after reading your posts) and LOVED it. Then we bought a house and moved, and I let it fall through the cracks. So, I’m inspired to do it again. I also have a 17 year old daughter (among other children) and I’d like to have her pitch in and help with this as “home ec” and preparing for marriage. : )

Thanks!

1. MacKenzie Post author

Oh goodness- do I ever know how things can get unplanned very quickly! I will be talking about this and how to really get back on track and take your meal planning to a whole other level in my ebook that I will be releasing this fall. So, be on the lookout for that- ti will have lots of printables!

43. Amy

LOVE! Thanks a bunch! Just printed off the first page and will be putting it as the cover for my meal planning binder. :) Thanks again!