Be sure to sign up via email for all the latest news and goings on! --->
The Cultivating the Lovely Morning Show
airs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings
starting between 7:00 & 7:30 PST (Winter Hours)
Each morning ladies from across the globe join me for mutual encouragement and inspiration as we commit to the top three ways we will pour labor, care and study into making our lives more lovely. It's all about pressing into the roles that God has given us and doing them to the best of our abilities, in His strength and guidance.
Bring your coffee and join us on Periscope @BoldTurquoise for the all the morning hilarity and, hopefully, inspiration!
This week on Periscope @BoldTurquoise
(affiliate links may be used in these show notes- thanks for your support)
- The Proverbs study by She Reads Truth was on the Proverbs 31 woman today.
- Weekend challenge was to: sit down and think of ways to streamline life to help get rid of decision fatigue. Make things automatic. Share on the fb group what ways you streamlined. Mackenzie streamlined:
- Cooking - Last night she made up a lot of freezer Ham and cheese sandwiches. This week she will be doubling breakfast recipes to use later.
- Cleaning - using the Motivated Moms Calendar & App and delagating some of the cleaning to kids.
- Prayer - similar daily hours that catholics do. Praying throughout the day: morning pray for family, mid-morning pray for friends, etc.
- Prayer - Highly recommend the book Found by Micha Boyett (Kindle price is just $3.03 right now). We are constantly interrupted as moms. We can be learning from the monks - we can find time for everything as moms. For the 4 main things: prayer, study, work and play.
- This week's challenge - Dinning Room or Kitchen table - clean up, keep clear, organized, etc. Post Pictures each evening on the Facebook group. We want to see the REAL! - Tonight - post "before" pictures.
- Brain Dumping - Put everything down on paper, so that you don't have to be worried about keeping everything in your head! A great place to checkout more about brain dumping is Mystic Winkler's Simplified Organization. Mackenzie took time to write down everything that needs to do be in each room of house (each page was a different room in the house) on the Cultivating the Lovely pages in her Happy Planner.
- CTL Podcast will be started back up in June! Wahoo! It will be a monthly or bi-monthly podcast. More details to come.
- Watch the replay from today's show.
May 18, 2016
The Homeschool Scope-
- Using Trail Guide to Learning by GeoMatters which is a combination of Charlotte Mason and Ruth Beechick philosophies.
- you can add on material for the middle school grades
- there is a bible corriculum add-on
- lap book and notebooking options
- They often have a huge sale in February so be looking for that
- And if you purchase TGFL, make sure to mention Makenzie's name! Trail guid is NOT an affiliate link - they didn't think BoldTurquoise would send enough people their way (ha!). SO- if you get Trail Guide, please mention MacKenzie/BoldTurquoise so they realize where the referrals are coming from. Thanks!!!
- MacKenzie's homeschooling style is influenced by:
- last year she and her husband attended a seminar by Carole Joy Seid called Homemade Made Simple
- Other curriculums MacKenzie has used and liked:
- More good books & resources -
- Email with any more questions or post in the CTL Facebook group.
The Loopy Phone Case!
- Pray for Mackenzie's back because she is in a lot of pain right now.
- Loopy case! Loopycases.com
- ''Greatest invention ever''
- Phone case with a loop on the back that you wear on your finger
- Great for reading in bed, scoping, or looking at your phone while nursing!
- Another scope on it to come
- Giveaway of a loopy case on Instagram next week!
- BIG!! Erika opened her new shop yesterday chaoticblessing.com
- Summer Lovely Kit from the CTL line is out!
Thank you so much for being a part of The Cultivating the Lovely Community! This show and community is a ministry and it exists because of all of you! Please feel free to contact me at any time- I love hearing from all of you! Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Show Notes
- May 9-13, 2016
- May 1-6, 2016
- April 18-22, 2016
- April 11-15, 2016
- April 4-8, 2016
- March 28-April 1, 2016
- March 21-25, 2016
- March 7-11, 2016
- February 29-March 4, 2016
- February 22-26, 2016
- February 15-19, 2016
- February 8 - 12, 2016
- February 1 - 5, 2016
- January 25-29, 2016
- January 18-22, 2016
- January 11-15, 2016
- January 4 - 8, 2016