Be sure to sign up via email for all the latest news and goings on! --->
The Cultivating the Lovely Morning Show
airs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday Mornings
starting between 7:00 & 7:30 PST
Each morning ladies from across the globe join me for mutual encouragement and inspiration as we commit to the top three ways we will pour labor, care and study into making our lives more lovely. It's all about pressing into the roles that God has given us and doing them to the best of our abilities, in His strength and guidance.
Bring your coffee and join us on Periscope @BoldTurquoise for the all the morning hilarity and, hopefully, inspiration!
This week on Periscope @BoldTurquoise
(affiliate links may be used in these show notes- thanks for your support)
Monday May 23, 2016
- If you haven’t already, check out the Cultivating the Lovely Facebook group- almost 1,000 ladies! Go to share what “lovelies” you are working on today, your prayer requests, etc. Policy - only “like” prayer requests after you have prayed for them.
- Prayer: Mackenzie finished reading Fervent by Priscilla Shirer - excellent, got her wheels turning on how to pray throughout the day and develop a prayer strategy:
Lots of trolls on the show today!! To block trolls before watching - view your profile and then click on who is following you. Block all the trolls!!
Watch the Periscope Replay Show.
- Be looking for the BRAND NEW Cultivating the Lovely Bucket List scope- coming soon!
- Check out the Meyers Briggs scale to find out what type of personality fits you. MacKenzie is an ENFP. 16personalities.com (fast, free, and accurate!) and Mystie Winkler also have great info on personalities types. You can find Mystie at Simplified Organization and Simply Convivial. Her articles are great to help you break down your personality type for better understanding.
- Noticing and taking advantage of the moments in our daily lives- outside of the traditional schoolwork- that provide teachable opportunities.
- There will be pages to help record such moments in the CTL Planner Line when the Homeschool items come out this summer.
- Trail Guide to Learning - based on the educational philosophies of Charlotte Mason and Ruth Beechick. It is a unit and literature based cirriculum. MacKenzie has used My Father's World in the past but is really loving Trail Guide to Learning for her childrens' current education and plans on using it in the coming years. They are currently using the Paths of Exploration Unit.
- Trail Guide to Learning covers everything except math and phonics. MacKenzie uses Teaching Textbooks for her math cirriculum. Next year, for her kindergarten student, she will be using the Abeka phonics program.
- Perks of Trail Guide to Learning:
- 4- day week
- Instructions are written to the child to encourage independent work
- Has an add-on bible curriculum
- Works great for an ENFP family!
- Books mentioned:
- Other homeschool resources mentioned:
- Email any questions or scope topics/ideas!
- Don't forget to mention MaKenzie's name if you order anything from Trail Guide to Learning and help us let them know that she has a strong homeschool following.
- Watch the Periscope Replay.
Tuesday May 24, 2016
Summer Bucket List Planner Kit
The new Summer Bucket List CTL Planner Kit is now available! Use the code MEMORIAL10 to get 10% off any order $15 or more.
- MacKenzie uses a Happy Planner and a Personal Color Crush. She has tried the A5 Carpe Diem as well. The Personal Sized Color Crush planner works great for traveling around with you in your purse or diaper bag. The Doki planner also works well for traveling, but (way) is more expensive.
- You can purchase the various planners at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or you can use CTL's link for Blitzy and let your purchase help support the ministry. They sell all the planners mention in this scope!
- Watch the replay.
Wednesday - May 25, 2016
Morning (er, afternoon) Show!
Modern Mrs. Darcy's Booklist doesn't have many books MacKenzie is interested this summer. It would be fun to collaborate and come up with our own CTL booklist for next summer! Share your favorites in the Facebook Group (search for "books" and the thread will come up).
- Good book recommendation resources:
- Be praying for good news on their recent tax audit, for MacKenzie's voice over work, and for her husband's side work.
- Check out MacKenzie's latest voiceover work! 😀 Click play on the video to hear it.
- Be looking for a coming scope on the Loopy Case and a giveaway!
- Watch the Replay on Periscope.
Thank you so much for being a part of The Cultivating the Lovely Community! This show and community is a ministry and it exists because of all of you! Please feel free to contact me at any time- I love hearing from all of you! Just email me!
2016 Show Notes
- May 16-20, 2016
- May 9-13, 2016
- May 1-6, 2016
- April 18-22, 2016
- April 11-15, 2016
- April 4-8, 2016
- March 28-April 1, 2016
- March 21-25, 2016
- March 7-11, 2016
- February 29-March 4, 2016
- February 22-26, 2016
- February 15-19, 2016
- February 8 - 12, 2016
- February 1 - 5, 2016
- January 25-29, 2016
- January 18-22, 2016
- January 11-15, 2016
- January 4 - 8, 2016